Actividad #1 "El Tiempo"
In Spanish you will create and present a 3-day weather report for a city in your chosen country. Go to the following website
1. List the cities and their temperatures (Fahrenheit) in order from highest maximum to lowest maximum.
2. Decide what activities you would like to do and clothing you will bring depending on the weather.
3. List the cognates that you found.
4. List words not similar in English, but that you understood from the illustrations.
5. List words that you did not understand.
6. Respond to ONE of your classmates postings, stating things you would also like to do in that city, what you might
need to bring... get creative!
Actividad #2 "COMIDA-Prepare a meal!"
1. Using the following website, decide what types of foods you would want to put into a three course meal that you
could serve at a dinner party: http://cocinamexicana.com.mx/cocinamex.html
2. Click on the "MENU" link for ideas for each of the three courses.
You can choose from:
Antojitos; Mariscos; Carnes; Huevos; Sopas; Bebidas; Aves; Salsas; Verduras; o Postres.
3. Click on each sub section and then once inside, choose a specific dish, and the recipe will pop up (ingredients
and how to make it)
4. Make sure you know what the recipe is, and what it means, yes that’s right, GET OUT YOUR DICTIONARY!
5. Post the recipe up on the web forum with the translations next to each Spanish word (using your dictionary and VISTAS
chapter 8) This will also help you out, and your classmates who are reading it! If there are some words you can’t get,
ASK, write it down and bring it into class. Try your hardest though.
Por Ejemplo: You might decide to create a meal with the first course being "Sopas", the second course, "Carnes" , and
the third course, "Postres". (You might want to give them some "Bebidas") Get creative with it! Be prepared to use your dictionary
and book to find out what some of the words mean. After choosing your foods and posting the recipes in the web forum, be prepared
to discuss in class some of the dishes you all created!
Buen Aprovecho! ________________________________________________________________________
Actividad #3: Ciudades y Turismo
Here is a list of possible websites for each of your countries! Feel free to use them or other cites you have found!
1. From the internet, you will look for THREE (3) things that you would like to see or visit when in the country you
chose. They can be monuments, restaurants, ANYTHING you find on the web! Post them on our web forum in a list with a description
of what it is.
2. Once you decide on the three things you will go see, create an itinerary of your day(s) in the country (IN SPANISH!),
what times you will see each thing, when,...etc. be creative in your itinerary and post it on the web forum (Make sure everything
is organized and can be followed by others).
*Reflective Statement: These activities were well worth the preparation. Not
only did it break from the norm of textbooks and handwritten homework, it gave the students access to real language use, culture,
and a chance to explore further the target language and its culture. The web activities deal with three different areas
of the target culture: climate, food, and tourism. All three areas are extremely useful to the students especially in
the event that they should travel to one of the Spanish speaking countries they investigated. When I carry out this
activity again, I will plan more time for engagement in conversation during class, more discussion of the results posted
by the students in the web forum, and possibly some group activities.
Exploring the Use of Internet Materials for Foreign Language Learning
ACTFL National Standards