- UNIVERSITY of MASSACHUSETTS AMHERST, February 2006. Master of Arts in Teaching
Spanish, received Massachusetts Educator's License, TEAMS Tutoring Project, volunteered for Project 2050 Center for Multicultural
Education, maintained 4.0 GPA.
- UNIVERSITY of MASSACHUSETTS AMHERST, May 2002. Bachelor of Arts in Spanish (Cum Laude), Honors
College, Deans List, publicity staff of Shortcuts literary magazine.
- BROOKDALE COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Septmeber 1998-May 2000. Associates in the Arts, Phi Theta Kappa
Honor Society (High Honors), Deans List, study abroad program in Seville, Spain (September 1999-December 1999).
- Spanish Instructor, August 2006-current. PRIVATE SCHOOL, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Plan and implement curriculum to all levels of Spanish language classes. Create a learning environment that meets educational
learning objectives. Sponsor/Moderator of the National Spanish Honor Society. Responsible for organizing fundraisers
for school chapter.
- Program Director for UMASS Study Abroad-Granada, Spain, January 2005-January 2006. UNIVERSITY
of MASSACHUSETTS, Department of Spanish and Portuguese. Responsible for publicity of program.
Organized and held informational sessions for applicants. Assisted in the selection of students to participate in a semester
abroad. Supervised and guided the participants of the Fall 2005 study abroad in Granada, Spain with Don Quijote language schools.
Coordinated and designed cultural activities for the students while overseas. Assisted the students in cultural and daily
activities while abroad and assessed their Spanish speaking abilities and progress. Acted as a liaison between students, schools,
and families. Controlled and administered funds of the program.
- Student Teacher, January 2005-May 2005. AMHERST REGIONAL HIGH SCHOOL, Amherst, Massachusetts.
Assisted in the planning and teaching of four different high school Spanish classes. Attended quarterly meetings and conferences.
Created and graded exams, activities, and projects. Utilized the students’ abilities to create original projects, films,
and skits as a way to reinforce the teachings of various grammatical points cultural aspects of the Spanish language: http://herazee.tripod.com .
- Teachers Associate, September 2003-December 2004. UNIVERSITY of MASSACHUSETTS, Department of Spanish
and Portuguese. Instructed three university level courses per year, created lesson plans, covered curriculum, and issued grades.
- Teacher's Assistant, September 2003-December 2003. AMHERST REGIONAL HIGH SCHOOL-ESL classroom,
Amherst, Massachusetts. Assisted ESL teacher in daily tasks, lesson planning, and testing. Tutored non-English speaking students.
Certified to teach Elementary Education (K-6) and Spanish (K-12). Bilingual in Spanish and English. Strong communication,
interpersonal and organizational skills. Experienced in coordinating study abroad programs and curriculum design. Excelled
in various courses in Education and Hispanic culture/literature.
*References available upon request.
*see one letter of recommendation